Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Collaborative Presentations

My partner Ewa and I chose artists Lillian Schwartz and Nancy Burson for our collaborative presentations. We decided to call our exhibit "Female Pioneers of the Digital Art World". We thought this title was appropriate because both artists were pioneers in their field of work. For example, Schwartz was one of the first artists working in the 70's to use computers to create thoughtful pieces of art whereas Burson was the first to create computer morphing technology which the FBI now uses to locate missing persons. Ewa and I saw multiple similarities and differences between these two artists so we therefore found it appropriate to incorporate their artwork into our exhibit.

I did a great deal of research on artist Nancy Burson. Here is a photograph of one of her projects entitled "The Human Race Machine".







































The sources I used were:

No comments: